MATLAB for Machine Learning
Discover patterns and build predictive models with engineering, manufacturing, and financial data
Using MATLAB®, engineers and other domain experts have deployed thousands of applications for predictive maintenance, sensor analytics, finance, and communication electronics. MATLAB makes the hard parts of machine learning easy with:
- Point-and-click apps for training and comparing models
- Advanced signal processing and feature extraction techniques
- Automatic hyperparameter tuning and feature selection to optimize model performance
- The ability to use the same code to scale processing to big data and clusters
- Automated generation of C/C++ code for embedded and high-performance applications
- All popular classification, regression, and clustering algorithms for supervised and unsupervised learning
- Faster execution than open source on most statistical and machine learning computations
MathWorks Named a May 2019 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms
Start Using MATLAB for Machine Learning
Explore the fundamentals behind machine learning, focusing on unsupervised and supervised learning. You’ll learn about common machine learning techniques including clustering, classification, and regression.
Read and Explore the Basics
This short ebook is your guide to the basic techniques. You’ll see that machine learning is within your grasp—you don’t need to be an expert to get started.
Walk Through an Introduction
Read through an introduction that explains what machine learning is, and shows how to train classification and regression models in MATLAB.
Test-drive the Classification Learner app.
Use the Classification Learner app to try different classifiers on your dataset. Fit common models like decision trees, support vector machines, ensembles, and more. Compare models using ROC curves and confusion matrices.
Try it on the Fisher Iris dataset: Can you find a model with high accuracy?
Explore machine learning topics, learn what they are and how to use them.
Get the ebook, download the code, and step through a hands-on machine learning tutorial that helps you master machine learning techniques.
See how engineers use MATLAB for machine learning across industries such as aerospace and defense, finance, and automotive.
Choose a web site to get translated content where available and see local events and
offers. Based on
your location, we recommend that you select: .
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.